Thursday 22 August 2013

"B"day

Hello Ladies,

Today is "B" day, or to be more exact, baby's due date, 22nd  August 2013.
My son and his wife are expecting their first baby, our first grandchild. Actually it is the first baby/grandchild for both sides of the family. So you can imagine the excitement from everyone.

Now I thought I was reasonably calm, as time got nearer, I was "Baby will come, when baby comes".
Woke up this morning and the first thing Amie (my daughter) said to me was, "Baby's due today".
" Maybe " I said.

Then later in the day, my other daughter rang, to find out if anything was happening baby wise.
" No, no, but I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything." I said
I rang her back a couple of hours later, to let her know about a letter she was expecting.
" Oh my god, is baby happening " she shouted down the phone.
" Umm, no I'm ringing about a letter".
"Oh, ok.........but ring me as soon as you hear".

Then, late afternoon, my dad who never uses the phone rang me.
"They had that baby yet" he said
"No dad, it's due date is today".
"I know, that's why I'm ringing"
"No dad, as soon as I hear, I'll ring you".

Now I'm beginning to feel a bit anxious, I was fine till everyone started ringing me.  



Then my son rang, "Baby's not here yet, can we come for dinner".
So round they come, poor Abby fat and fed up, doesn't know where to put herself.
Mr S comes home from work, I heard him run down the drive and in the back door.
"Oh", he said "I saw the car outside and thought Abby had the baby".
"No, no baby yet" I said.

So we're all at the dinner table talking about baby and going into hospital. Trying to decide when he's going to come, will it be tomorrow, will it be over the weekend. 
Aaron fretting about the dog, "make sure you go get him mum, when we go in, don't leave him at home on his own".
"No, no I won't".


So they go home, Mr S goes to bed and Amie is trying to get her mittens finished.

Now I'm not so calm, I've got that funny squiggle in my tummy, that makes you feel fluttery.  Now I'm just waiting for the phone call. 
It seems everyone was all jittery and anxious, but they've all seen each other and now gone home or gone to bed feeling calmer.
But me, now I'm the jittery one.
Oh well, baby will come, when baby comes.

Sally :) xxx


3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you - it's such a joyous time you will love being a grandparent it's amazing. I am thinking of you with your tummy flutters x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is all so exciting, yes that little one will come when he is good and ready, and boy won't it be fun. A new little person in the family,hooray for all of you!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope the baby arrives soon, it sounds like everyone is high with anticipation!

    Can't wait to hear the good news!

    ReplyDelete