Thursday 24 October 2013

Week 3......

Hello Ladies, 
 This is my 3rd week of joining in with Bloomin Crochet-a-Long and I've nearly but
 not quite finished my blanket.
 
First though, I have finished this.
This is a scarf that I started back in April, that was made from left over yarn 
that I had made a wrap with. The wrap was for my niece, she was going to a 
wedding in Santorini and wanted something for the evening. My eldest daughter
 Jess spotted it and asked for a scarf, so it was started and never finished. But I 
dug it out from the bottom of my basket and decided to finally finish a WIP.

So now I have room for more projects in my basket.
 I have my eye on some lovely mitts that I might have a go of.

So, my Maybelle blanket is nearly finished, but I don't want to show you
 to much otherwise it won't be much
of a Ta-Dah moment when it's finally completed.
 
But here's a little bit of a preview.
 
 
You will have to excuse the lengths of yarn you can see hanging. They are not
 ends that I've yet to sew in.
Hopefully when I post next week it will be finished and all will become clear.

I did have to have some supervision with the putting together of this blanket.
 
 
 
She made it very clear that I was unable to do this alone and help was 
needed.
Hope you have all had a lovely week.
Take care.

Sally xxx

21 comments:

  1. The scarf is gorgeous Sally, and it looks as though the blanket will be too, providing that you do it correctly under the eyes of your supervisor of course!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy, you always leave me such lovely comments.
      Sally :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful crochet, Sally! The scarf is so pretty, I love the bit of sparkle! And I look forward to seeing all the blocks of your blanket, it is looking very lovely...Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie, I'm so pleased with the scarf, I don't know why I didn't finish it sooner.
      Sally xxx

      Delete
  3. That scarf is beautiful, and I am loving your blanket...can't wait to see your ta-dah moment! I love how cats do think we need supervised on certain tasks, it makes them adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel, neither of my cats have ever shown the slightest interest before. But this time as soon as it gets put down it's like, 3 second rule hahaha.
      Sally xxx

      Delete
  4. The scarf is looking lovely! Your little helper is such a pretty girl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scarf is gorgeous and so is that lovely blanket! Offcourse your little poser is rather sweet too :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes she is a rather sweet supervisor :)
      Sally xxx

      Delete
  6. Sally, your scarf and blanket are looking fantastic, I love them.

    Keep up the great work,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith. Hope your keeping well.
      Hugs
      Sally xxx

      Delete
  7. Such lovely makes! Your scarf is really gorgeous and I love the fresh, bright colours of your blanket too.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, looking forward to finishing it, then I can start something new.
      Maybe the African Flower motif, I've had my eye on it for quite a while and seeing your and Chrissies has given me motif envy. :)
      Sally xxx

      Delete
  8. The scarf is stunning, love the little bit of sparkle and your blanket is gorgeous, too. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments :)
      Sally xxx

      Delete
  9. Your scarf is so beautiful. I love the colours and the sequins. You've made excellent progress on your afghan too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much. Hopefully next week it will be all completed :)
    Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful scarf, I hope your daughter enjoys wearing it. I can't wait to see the finished blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sally, I just popped over from your comment left over at Mereknits. Anytime I see the words crochet, knitting, spinning or weaving I have to go check that blog out so ta-da! :D I like your story of how you got hooked (no pun intended, well ok, just a little one) on crochet! I couldn't help notice the little bling in the yarn of the scarf... I've always admired the blingy yarns but have yet to try them... must put that on my bucketlist :D I also like your helper for that gorgeous blanket... my kitty is my studio assistant as well!
    So, just wanted to pop in and introduce myself, to let you know I'm now following and look forward to many future yarn conversations:D
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful blanket , you must be so happy it looks so cheerful

    ReplyDelete