Friday 3 January 2014

Mood Blanket 2014

Hello Ladies

Happy New a Year to you all.
I hope it's full of fun, joy and crafting.
I know it may sound crazy but although 2013 was a very up and down year,
I found that crocheting helped me overcome and get through many difficult days
( and nights as I don't sleep well at all) .
This year has really started with a bang. At first I had my head so full of
ideas and Inspirations, I didn't know where to start. Then I read on a blog by
lovely Hazel,called Hazels Crochet that there was going to be a blanket
challenge for the year. The idea is from Instagramer mummy-stacey and it's
to crochet or knit a square a day, giving you 365 squares OR a square a week,
giving you 52.
It's called a Mood blanket, because the idea is to pick a colour each day
on how you feel. Whether it be, Tired, Angry, Calm, Happy, Excited etc.
This was what I wanted to do as my project for 2014.

Then I read another blog by very talented Linda of Linda's Crafty Corner,
that she was going to do a Stash-Buster for 2014. She had already done one
for 2013 and as It seemed quite successful was going to do another for
this year. So I thought I could do the Mood Blanket Challenge and Linda's
Stash-Bustertogether. This way I could start to use up my yarn that
seems to be taking over my house.
So now my decision is what square do I want to do?

This one
Or This One
But then I'm still making these little fellows that I started with Chrissie and Marianne's
Bloomin Cal.

I'm going to enjoy this I think and it'll motivate me to continue with the motifs.
I may even go for doing a 365 Mood Blanket AND a 52 one.
At least I get to use up some of my stash.
Take care everyone
Sally
xxx


12 comments:

  1. That is A LOT of stash, I only have two of those storage boxes full of yarn.

    I prefer the first square, and I too have Hexagons to continue in the Bloomin' CAL. That is why I am only doing one square a week for the mood blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise how much until I gathered it all together.
      At least making the 365 Mood Blanket will help reduce my stash :)
      Xxx

      Delete
  2. That is A LOT of wool! I look forward to seeing the progress and results of your work x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot isn't it, I should be able to make many projects without buying for a fair while :)
      Sally xxx

      Delete
  3. You certainly have a lot of yarn to use for your projects! I hope that you have fun with them and I look forward to seeing how you get on. I hope that this is a good year for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I gathered all my yarn together I was amazed. Plenty of projects should be made with that lot for 2014.
      Xxx

      Delete
  4. You have a lot of fun stash to use up. I think the mood blanket sounds like a great idea, but I am not joining in as I have too many sweaters flying around in my head to make.
    Hugs to you and good luck,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I know what you mean, I had so many ideas I didn't know where to start. So I'm really grateful to Hazel of Hazels_crochet to introducing me to the mood blanket. It put me back on track and will help use my stash. Although I still have lots of ideas wizzing around at the mo lol
      Hugs xxx

      Delete
  5. Good uck with your new project. You've got plenty of yarn to choose from! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, hopefully NO yarn will need to be bought for a good whole :)
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my you a have a lot of stash to use up! A blanket project sounds perfect. I love that first square, it is so pretty.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pattern to both mood squares. Do you know where I can get them or purchase them from. I do enjoy your blog... Been following you for about a year now and your colour choices and things you create are inspiring. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete