Wednesday 15 January 2014

Mood Blanket #2

Hello Ladies

This is week 2 of my 2014 Mood Banket.
Still doing a block a day, sometimes I do two or three at
a time to get ahead for the week. But the way it works
it fits in well with my other WIPs.
I'm still excited and motivated, I just hope it's not just a
honeymoon phase, that will wear off in a couple of months.
I know the idea of a mood blanket was to have a different colour
a day, but I liked these two colours together so much and try as I could
every time I went a sat at my yarn boxes I couldn't bring myself to
add a different colour.
These two colours do have a very personal meaning and I think it
gave me the chance to use them.
Also the more I look at the colours the more they remind me of these.
Parma violets were a huge favourite of mine when I was a child and I only
just discovered you can still buy them. And my Nan always seemed to have
a box of what she called her "Special Chocolates" and they had
crystallised violets on the top as a decoration.

I'm linking again this week with Hazel at Hazel's Crochet, for the 2014
Mood Blanket, so please go take a look at the others who are taking
part as well.

Take care
Sally xxx

16 comments:

  1. Your blanket is looking lovely so far! I hope that you do go "all the way" with making it as I think it will be very beautiful! Keep going, only a few hundred left to go..... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Perfect colour combination, and if the mood strikes you, go with it! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie, crocheting has made me look at colours in a different way. xxx

      Delete
  3. Your squares look great, well done & keep up the good work :-) I think your colours are just perfect, happy colours.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love that I've learnt the Join As You Go Method.
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Oh your squares definitely remind me of parma violets, I remember eating them loads when I was a child too :) very sweet x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hazel, when I saw that you could still buy the Parma Violets, I was so tempted to get some, but were they going to taste the same as they did when you were a kid. Was I going to be disappointed lol.
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Your squares are lovely! Such a pretty colour combination.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blanket looks fantastic, and frankly it appears that you are always in a bright and positive mood.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Meredith, that's lovely of you to say.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colour schemes so pretty. It's making my mood happy! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's coming along nicely Sally and I love the colours, these are my favourite colours to work with too I would use them for everything if I could. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, I never used to be a pink person until I started crocheting. My whole outlook with colour changed. Maybe for the better.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete